- Jones, B.C., DeBruine, L., *Flake, J.K., Aczel, B., Adamkovic, M., …, & Chartier, C.R., (in-principle acceptance, registered report stage 2 under review). Social perception of faces around the world: How well does the valence-dominance model generalize across world regions? Nature: Human Behavior.
- *First three authors contributed equally, shared 1st authorship.
- Flake, J.K., & Fried, E.I. (in press). Measurement schmeasurement: Questionable measurement practices and how to avoid them. Advances in Methods and Practices in Psychological Science.
- Hwang, H., Cho, G., Jung, K., Falk, C., Flake, J.K., & Jin, M. (in-press). An approach to structural equation modeling with both factors and components: Integrated generalized structured component analysis. Psychological Methods.
- Shaw, M., Cloos, L., Luong, R., Elbaz, S., & Flake, J.K. (in-press). Measurement practices in large-scale replications: Insights from Many Labs 2. Canadian Psychology.
- Materials on the OSF: https://osf.io/v4wth/
- Hehman, E., Calanchini, J., Flake, J. K., & Leitner, J. B. (2019). Establishing construct validity evidence for regional measures of explicit and implicit racial bias. Journal of Experimental Psychology: General, 148(6), 1022–1040. https://doi.org/10.1037/xge0000623
- Xie, S. Y., Flake, J. K., & Hehman, E. (2019). Perceiver and target characteristics contribute to impression formation differently across race and gender. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 117(2), 364-385. http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/pspi0000160
- Hehman E, Stolier R.M., Freeman J.B., Flake J.K., & Xie S.Y. (2019). Toward a comprehensive model of face impressions: What we know, what we do not, and paths forward. Social Personality and Psychology Compass. e12431. https://doi.org/10.1111/spc3.12431
- *Flake, J.K., & Petway, K.T. (2018). Methodologies for investigating and interpreting student-teacher rating incongruence in noncognitive assessment. Educational Measurement: Issues and Practice. 38 (1) 63-77. doi: 10.1111/emip.12201
- *First two authors contributed equally, shared 1st authorship.
- Moshontz, H., Campbell, L., Ebersole, C. R., IJzerman, H., Urry, H. L., … Flake, J.K., … Chartier, C. R. (2018) The psychological science accelerator: Advancing psychology through a distributed collaborative network. Advances in Methods and Practices in Psychological Science. 1 (4) 501-515.
- Flake, J.K., McCoach, D.B. (2018). An investigation of the alignment method with polytomous indicators under conditions of partial measurement invariance. Structural Equation Modeling: A Multidisciplinary Journal, 25 (1), 56-70. doi:10.1080/10705511.2017.1374187
- Open and supplementary materials: https://osf.io/48kkq/
- Hehman, E., & Flake, J.K., & Calanchini, J. (2018). Disproportionate use of lethal force in policing is associated with regional racial biases of residents. Social Psychological and Personality Science. 9(4) 393-401.
- Hehman, E., Flake, J.K., & Freeman, J.B. (2018) The faces of group members share physical resemblance. Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin. 44 (1), 3-15.
- Hehman, E., Sutherland, C., Flake, J.K., & Slepian, M. (2017). The unique contributions of perceiver and target characteristics in person perception. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology. 113 (4). 513-529.
- Flake, J.K., Pek, J., & Hehman, E. (2017). Construct validation in social and personality research: Current practice and recommendations. Social Psychological and Personality Science, 8 (4), 370-378.
- Flora, D. & Flake, J.K. (2017). The purpose and practice of exploratory and confirmatory factor analysis in psychological research: Decisions for scale development and validation. Canadian Journal of Behavioural Science, 49 (2), 78-88. doi:10.1037/cbs0000069
- *Kosovich, J.,Flake, J.K., & Hulleman, C.S. (2017). Understanding Short-term Motivation Trajectories: A Parallel Process Model of Expectancy-Value. Contemporary Educational Psychology, 41, 130-139.
- *First two authors contributed equally, shared 1st authorship with mentee.
- Goldstein, J., & Flake, J.K. (2016). Towards a framework for the validation of early childhood assessment systems. Educational Assessment, Evaluation and Accountability, 23 (3), 273-293. doi: 10.1007/s11092-015-9231-8
- Flake, J. K., Barron, K. E., Hulleman, C., McCoach, B. D., & Welsh, M. E. (2015). Measuring cost: The forgotten component of expectancy-value theory. Contemporary Educational Psychology, 41, 232–244. doi:10.1016/j.cedpsych.2015.03.002
- Hehman, E., Flake, J.K., & Freeman, J.B. (2015). Static and dynamic facial cues differentially impact the consistency of social perceptions. Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, 41, 1123-1134.